Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is it so hard to watch your kids?

Hello!
I'm working at the book store rigth now with nothing to do so I'll tell you about parents who, for some reason let their kids run around the restaurant or parents who make you wonder why on earth anyone would let them have children.


~A lady sent her 3 year old into the restaurant with a note saying what she wanted to order. I had to ask various questions like, what kind of meat, what size, evrything on it? etc.. The restaurant was half full with people all staring at this little girl and at the mom in the truck who wouldn't come down to order herself. Finally after 10  minutes she comes down and says "sorry it's because I have my 9 year old asleep in the back seat". Okay.....
1. her truck was less than 20 feet from me so her 9 year old would have been ok (obviously with the air on or windows down) for the 3 minutes it would have taken her to order.
2. Why send your 3 year old who can barely talk??
3. maybe it's just me but if I was in the situation I would have just called ahead or gone somewhere with a drive thru.
THOUGHTS??

~Yesterday a lady sent her 4 year old to re-fill the soda then yells at him in front of everyone because he spilled. Well what did you extpect lady!?

~ Some parents let their kids clim on the table, then they fall and the parents get mad. WTF?

~A few ladies use the tables as changing tables!!!!! Who does that!? thats gross!!!! then I have to use bleach to clean it:/ 

~What always gets my brother and I mad:
Lady, to her son: what do you want to eat
Kid(9-16 years old): burrito and a drink
Lady-You sure you don't want something else? nachos?
Kid- No I want the burrito
Lady: But you had that last week, get something else
Kid:but I'm craving the burrito
Lady: *looks at the kid, then at us, then at the kid* Give him the taco combo
Me: *looks at the kid, looks at the mom and give her a mean look* ok.

When its small children I understand but when its grown kids almost legal why do they do that??

Thanks for reading!

PS: last week a few of my friends got to see first hand one of our most annoying customers. She went with her bf, asked a ton of question that had obvious answers and drank ever single flavor soda, tea and aguas frescas we had. I'm pretty sure I wrote a blog post on her. Anyways, on thursday the guy came in to get his usual and apologized over and over for his gf's rude behavior. Thats really awesome because not many people own up to that type of stuff:)

1 comment:

  1. That second story - Ooh, why ask your kid what he/she wants if you're not going to get it for them? How annoying!

    ReplyDelete